Recently we’ve been quite busy with live demos, webinars and virtual events. Podcasters are no stranger to live recordings, and the industry is buzzing with collaboration and information sharing. The Blubrry team is hosting some webinars and demos this week and next.
Welcome Todd back this episode, as he and Mike chat about podcast listening being at an all time high, updates from SiriusSM and Google Play Music and more. And if podcasters themselves are looking to expand into different directories, we now offer Podcast Index and Amazon Music.
In podcasting, and as in life, what can go wrong, will go wrong. The important thing is how you react to it, that’s our best practice tip this episode.
Thanks for joining us this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know.
Recorded live from two well-separated and socially distant podcast studios in northern and southern Michigan; here’s Podcast Insider.
- PM20 Virtual going on this week and next week, end Oct. 29.
- Joe Rogan show on hold for positive COVID test of a producer.
- Podcast listening at an all-time high. Given how 2020 is going, this is somewhat to be expected.
- SiriusXM’s purchase of Stitcher is complete. Stitcher’s podcasts now are now available on Pandora.
- Google Play MUSIC is Dead, Dead, Dead.
- Podinstall, another podcast PWA. See our listing here.
- Spotify removed four QAnon related podcasts.
- NPR announced their 3rd annual Student Podcast Challenge.
What can go wrong will go wrong, don’t sweat it.
- Live exhibitor demos will be happening next week, streamed on Facebook as well. 4pm Tuesday the 27th and 3pm Thursday the 29th.
- Private Internal Podcast webinars tomorrow, Friday the 23rd at 10am for Business and 11am for Indie Podcasters. Find information here.
- Submit to Podcast Index from Blubrry Podcaster Dashboard.
- Submit to Amazon Music from Blubrry Podcaster Dashboard.
- Podcast namespace by PodcastIndex.org, soon Blubrry will support the new tags.
- Professional hosting webinar on Friday, Oct. 30. 11 AM EST.
- Where to find our documentation: create.blubrry.com. That site has a TON of information about Blubrry, PowerPress and our services plus a lot of general information about podcasting, including our Podcast Manual.
- WordPress sites have a Media Library, designed for photos or other files you want to be available on your site in pages or posts. This is not meant for podcast episodes/files. Blubrry hosted podcasts, using PowerPress, have another box lower in the post called “podcast episode”. That is where your podcast media goes, not the WordPress media library.
Promo code INSIDER for a free month at Blubrry.com
Coming at you this week from Blubrry Studios in Columbus, Ohio and Northern Michigan. Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only) Email email@example.com
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only) Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-address stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235