The results of our recent Podcast Consumer Attitudes study, in conjunction with the Association for Downloadable Media, will be presented by Edison Researchâ€™s Tom Webster in a webinar on Thursday, Jan. 28, at 3 p.m. EST, 2 p.m. CST and noon PST. The webinar is free but registration is required at https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/909488120. Join us!
Shows within the RawVoice family that participated in the survey (as outlined in the November 2009 bulletin) will receive our segment results in the coming weeks.
The results of this groundbreaking look at the attitudes and behaviors of active podcast consumers will include:
- A comparison of the effectiveness of advertising approaches across various new and traditional media channels.
- An examination of post-exposure purchase and trial behaviors for consumers exposed to podcast advertising.
- A quantification of the “halo” effect –Â the transfer of good feelings about one characteristic to another, possibly unrelated, characteristic — ofÂ podcast advertising for prospective brands and sponsors.
- A look at the rapid adoption of mobile audio and video consumption.
- The effectiveness of pre-recorded advertisements, sponsorships and host-read messaging in podcasts.