Plant Proof - evidence-based nutrition
Can we say what diet is best for health with David Katz, MD
In Episode #108 I sit down with Dr David Katz, MD who in my opinion, is one of the greatest voices of clarity in a space of science which let's be frank, is littered with confusion tactics, hidden agendas and bias. This is a great episode which reinforces many of the key principles that I have been sharing with you via social media and on this show for the past 2 + years. It also emphasises the 3 pillars that I look to when making my personal food decisions - the pillar of human health, planetary health and animal welfare.
In this episode we specifically talk about:
• Why an infectious disease pandemic may be what we need to take chronic disease more seriously
• The number one risk factor for chronic disease in developed countries
• Why debating the little stuff is keeping us from making impact on the big stuff
• The characteristics of an optimal diet
• Can we say what the single best diet is
• The importance of the replacement nutrient in nutrition science
• The use of strawman diets in nutrition science
• Should we eat fish? What are the considerations here?
• Would adding animal products to an optimally planned vegan diet improve one's health
• and much more
I really hope you enjoy the show. Of course, if you do, please share your feedback with David and I on social media. The best place to find David is on Twitter - you can also find me on Twitter and Instagram too.
Below is a few resources that we spoke about in this episode:
• David's website
• David's wife's recipes at Cuisinicity
• David's books - How to Eat & The Truth About Food
• Why Two Pandemics are better than one
Want to support the show?
The single best way you can support the show is by leaving a review on Apple podcast app - it only takes a few minutes and would be much appreciated.
Simon Hill, Bachelor of Physiotherapy, Masters in Nutrition
Creator of Plantproof.com - a free resource for plant based nutrition information
If you want to receive FREE nutritional information to your inbox subscribe to the Plant Proof Newsletter.
My book is coming out February 2021 published with Penguin - I cannot wait to share with you (all revenue I receive is being donated to charity). In the lead up the launch I am going to use this newsletter a lot more with loads of free information each month to help you better optimise your diet.