Plant Proof - Evidence based nutrition
Slow ageing, fight disease and manage your weight with Dr Valter Longo, PhD
In Episode 106 I sit down with Dr Valter Longo, PhD to talk about how to eat to live a long healthy life.
SPECIFICALLY WE COVER:
• How Dr Longo developed an interest in food, the ageing process and longevity
• Roy Walford's research 'Biosphere 2'
• Details of his research
• Calorie restriction vs fasting
• Fasting and biomarkers of cancer, insulin resistance and cardiovascular disease
• Findings from clinical trials on fasting mimicking diet (a vegan diet created by Dr Longo)
• Eating for longevity
• Learning from Centenarian's
• Animal versus plant protein and ageing pathways
• Maximising muscle protein synthesis
• and much more
ACLM position statement on Type 2 Diabetes reversal and remissions
Dr Valter Longo's website
If you haven't already, please leave a review on the Apple Podcast App - it would be much appreciated.
Creator of Plantproof.com - a free resource for plant based nutrition information
If you want to receive FREE nutritional information to your inbox subscribe to the Plant Proof Newsletter.
My book is coming out February 2021 published with Penguin - I cannot wait to share with you (all revenue I receive is being donated to charity). In the lead up the launch I am going to use this newsletter a lot more with loads of free information each month to help you better optimise your diet.