People, Process, Progress
PPP26: Overview of Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) Training. It's not a fix all some think it is.
Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) training is for Police, Behavioral Health workers and community members. It is not a fix all, it is another methodology to deescalate situations where someone is in crisis. In addition to my experience completing CIT a few years ago and using it on the streets, below are great references for you to learn more.
- NIH article: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3769782/
- Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) Programs: A Best Practice Guide for Transforming Community Responses to Mental Health Crises: http://www.citinternational.org/resources/Best%20Practice%20Guide/CIT%20guide%20desktop%20printing%202019_08_16%20(1).pdf
- A Five-Legged Stool…a Model for CIT Program Success!!!: https://www.citinternational.org/resources/Pictures/Final%205%20Leg%20Stool%20Descreption%20for%20Kurt.pdf
- Essential Elements for the Commonwealth of Virginia’s CIT Programs: http://www.dbhds.virginia.gov/library/forensics/ofo%20-%20vacitessentialelements.pdf
- The Four Coaching Plays from RPD at Richmond.gov: http://www.richmondgov.com/Police/documents/TheFourPlays.pdf
- Washington Post Golden Gate Bridge article: https://www.psycom.net/kevin-hines-survived-golden-gate-bridge-suicide/
Godspeed to us all and stay safe, Kevin
Kevin Pannell, PMP | Creator & Host, 'People, Process, Progress' | Connect and subscribe at https://linktr.ee/peopleprocessprogress
#peopleprocessprogress #crisisinterventionteam #CIT #mentalhealth #mentalhealthawareness #behavioralhealth #oneteam #onefight #community