Podcast: Solange, Hozier & bad journalism
For your weekly podcast dose of what's going on in music, with an emphasis on the new, it's episode 36 of the Nialler9 Podcast with Niall and Andrea discussing new albums from Solange, Hozier among others.
* RIP Keith Flint - The Prodigy dancer and vocalist took his own life this week at the age of 49. We share memories of our teenage experiences of the band and the Firestarter himself.
* A piece in the Sunday Times over the weekend by Ed Power about the Choice Music Prize raises ire over troubling language around female musicians and glib unsubstantiated journalism.
* R Kelly responds publicly to his many abuse allegations via the medium of a hysterical CBS interview
* Album of the week: exploring the feels and mood of Solange's surprise fourth album When I Get Home and it's accompanying film.
* Hozier's second album Wasteland, Baby arrived the same day and we were left disappointed.
* Plus tracks of the week from The National and Billie Eilish.
* Closing song:Maria Somerville - Dreaming - from her new album All My People
Please subscribe to the podcast and if you enjoyed it please leave a review on iTunes, tell your friends or commit to supporting us directly. Join us on Patreon!
Previous podcasts in this series are listed here.
Subscribe in iTunes | Android | ACAST | CastBox | Stitcher | Spotify | RSS Feed