The Jordan B. Peterson Podcast
47 - Warren Farrell - The Absolute Necessity of Fathers
I came across Dr. Warren Farrell's work a few years ago, when I read Why Men Earn More(https://amzn.to/2HX3Epj), a careful study of the many reasons for the existence of the "gender pay gap," attributed by ideologues of the identity-politics persuasion to systemic patriarchal prejudice and oppression. Farrell has recently published another book, The Boy Crisis (https://amzn.to/2wnApuy) with Dr. John Gray. We spent an intense 90 minutes discussing the crucial role played by fathers in child development, paying particular attention to play and delay of gratification. Dr. Farrell has been a target of radical left activists, who object to the conflict between his careful analysis and their unidimensional ideology. You can see an example of this here, at the University of Toronto: https://bit.ly/1eS5yHe
- Why Men Earn More: https://amzn.to/2HX3Epj
- The Boy Crisis: https://amzn.to/2wnApuy
- Maps of Meaning (New Audiobook out June 12th): Maps of Meaning Page
- 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos: https://jordanbpeterson.com/12-rules-...
- Self Authoring Suite: http://selfauthoring.com/
- Understand Myself personality test: http://understandmyself.com/
- Podcast: https://jordanbpeterson.com/jordan-b-...
- Reading List: https://jordanbpeterson.com/2017/10/g...
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/jordanbpeterson