More About Revival, Part 1 (152)
In Episode 152, we continue talking about revival and share quotes and stories I’ve collected over the years which I have never shared before. I also wanted to reference Charles Spurgeon’s book which was published way back in 1962.
Spurgeon believed that revival was a work of God's sovereign grace and that it was something that could not be engineered or manipulated by human effort. He believed that revival was characterized by a deep sense of conviction and repentance and that it resulted in significant changes in behavior and a renewed focus on God.
Tune in now, and let’s go bigger, better, and deeper!
If you enjoy this episode, please subscribe to the God Stuff Podcast, so you're always the first to know when a new episode is released.
- Intro – [00:00]
- Thoughts on Jesus Revolution Movie – [03:15]
- Views on Revival and Its Manifestations – [07:52]
- Charles Haddon Spurgeon's Perception of Revival – [08:54]
- Charles Spurgeon Comparing The First and Second Great Awakening – [11:42]
- Charles Spurgeon Answering Criticisms – [14:22]
- Outro – [21:04]
About Our Host:
Bill Giovannetti is the Senior Pastor at Pathway Church, Redding, California — an experienced senior pastor with a demonstrated history of working in the religious institutions’ industry. He also teaches ministry-related college classes at Simpson University and the A. W. Tozer Theological Seminary. Bill has always had a passion to bring the deep things of God’s word to the everyday people of God.
- Veritas School Online Theological School
- Spurgeon On Revival by Eric W. Hayden
Connect with Bill Giovannetti:
● Visit the website: https://www.veritasschool.life/
● Subscribe to the podcast: https://maxgrace.com/category/podcasts/
● Follow Bill on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bill.giovannetti
● Follow Bill on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BillGiovannetti
● Follow Bill on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/billgiovannetti/
Thanks for tuning in! Please don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe!