Chuck Swindoll once wrote, “I know of no other single practice in the Christian life more rewarding, practically speaking, than memorizing Scripture…No other single exercise pays greater spiritual dividends!” In this episode, host Jerrad Lopes walks us through the practice of memorizing scripture as a foundation of spiritual life and loving scripture to the point that it is written on our hearts. He also shares with listeners a portion of a sermon by Pastor John Piper as he recites scripture from memory. Commentary is good but nothing beats the word of God!!
Host: Jerrad Lopes
Mentioned during the episode:
· Man cold – It’s a real thing!
· John Piper – Pastor, teacher and chancellor of Bethlehem College & Seminary
· 2 Timothy 3:16 – “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,”
Connect with Dad Tired:
· To subscribe on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe.
· Leave an iTunes review, this lets us and others know what you think and increases the chance that other dads will find us.
· Like and Follow Dad Tired on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for updates.
· Join our Dad Tired closed Facebook group for men who are trying to figure out how to be better disciples, husbands, fathers, and men.