Credit Union Conversations
Welcome to Credit Union Conversations!
Welcome to the kickoff for Credit Union Conversations. Mark Ritter, MBFS & Nu Direction Lending CEO, has been a regular speaker on the credit union circuit for the past decade. Mark now brings his insights to the public so you can listen on your terms. Learn more about Credit Union Conversations and our plan to bring our opinions on the latest industry news to everyone on a regular basis.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [00:30] Background of Mark Ritter
- [01:45] About MBFS
- [03:12] Background on Credit Union Conversations
- [06:46] What to expect from Credit Union Conversations
- Nu Direction Lending is a small business lender. It’s a credit union friendly version of the online business loan that’s a fast and effective option for small businesses.
- There is a Zoom and Webinar fatigue. We want to give people the education and information we typically provide through webinars in a more flexible and on demand format.
- Credit Union Conversations won’t always present neutral, boring answers. We want it to be opinionated. We'll give you a little bit of controversial opinions.
- Credit Union Conversations will give you a mix of current events and educational topics or updates on what's going on at MBFS or our industry or the marketplace.
Mark Ritter is the CEO of MBFS and an expert in credit unions and business lending. His primary role at MBFS is overseeing the strategy of helping credit unions assist members with business needs and consulting with credit unions on planning the delivery of services to their membership.
In 2002, Mark started Members 1st Federal Credit Union’s business lending program as “one person and a desk” with no policies, products, staff, systems, or business members. That program grew to be one of the top ten in the nation.
In 2012, he took on the challenge of being the CEO of a business lending CUSO. Mark was the fifth CEO in five years for the organization, which lost money every month of its existence. Since joining MBFS, Mark increased the number of credit unions the CUSO services by over 8x, grew the revenue by 10x, and ensured positive cash flow every full year he’s been at the CUSO. More importantly, MBFS has helped countless credit union members gain the financing they need for business and investment needs.