Chilling With The Diaspora
Our Sisters | 003: Ugandan “UG” Experience
...From the USA
“Our sisters” series takes us into the lives of African women in the Diaspora and their experience.
Martha takes us through the Ugandan perspective , from the streets of Kololo, Muyenga of Kampala to Canada now in Texas, US. We'll discover her experiences from growing up in UG to be being a mother, a wife in a “mixed African couple” in the US. Let’s get into to her African experience...
In this UG experience, we'll discover:
* Preservation of our local languages
* Gender equality in Uganda
* Succeeding in a “mixed” African couple in the diaspora
* Educating Africans kids abroad
* How welcoming Ugandans in UG are, and perhaps why
* Much more
Martha’s favs songs:
* Philly Lutaya: "Born in Africa"
* Eddy Kenzo: "Siya loss"
* Magnetic: "Radio and Weasal"
Click to Listen:
Hope you enjoyed the show!
What did you think was the most interesting in this experience? Subscribe on the right nav and I'll send you more.
* Idi Amin
* Mount Saint Mary's College Namagunga / Greenhill academy
* Speech card
* Entebbe airport
* Kololo, Muyenga - Kampala
Tell me the most insightful item to you in this episode by clicking here and leaving a comment. It would be immensely helpful.
Fan of The Show
Follow us on Facebook
If you love it, rate it on iTunes!
Send me an email
Don't forget to share the Podcast with all your friends!