Between the Slides
PEOPLE: Line of Duty Death (LODD) Incident Action Planning
Line of duty deaths (LODD) are horrible. For incident management practitioners working the planning process for memorial services it's one of the most emotionally draining, but also rewarding experiences. In this episode I share what I think are best practices from my own experiences and based on conversations around the topic with some of my friends and colleagues.
"Between the Slides 5" for this episode:
- It’s all about the service member and their family.
- State in no uncertain terms that emotions are ok and acceptable.
- Ask for outside help from neighboring partners and agencies.
- Work the process. This one counts more than ever.
- Give yourself a break after this one.
Thank you for listening and Godspeed,
Kevin Pannell, PMP | www.betweentheslides.com | Instagram & Twitter: pannellkg | Facebook: Betweentheslides | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Blubrry directory: https://www.blubrry.com/betweentheslides/
#LODD #Firefighter #NFFF #MoveOver #FirefighterCancer #PublicSafety #AllHazards #FEMA #USFA #IAFF