Between the Slides
PEOPLE: Spotsylvania to Situation Unit with Rob Rowley
Do you know someone that has twenty plus years as a Firefighter, is a Registered Nurse, is a World Police and Fire Games competitor and helped re-shape the effectiveness of the All-Hazards Situation Unit Leader? I do, and now you'll get to know Captain Rob Rowley as well. Join us in this episode as we get to learn about Rob Rowley's journey from Spotsylvania, Virginia to becoming a Captain with a large, progressive fire department in the Central Virginia area. Captain Rowley also shares his how the all-hazards incident management process helped shape more than the work he's put in as a credentialed member of the Central Virginia All-Hazards Incident Management Team.
Key time stamps:
- 00:07:31 - Thoughts on recruiting prior service Firefighters versus recruits with no experience
- 00:22:20 - Experience working with and for Public Health
- 00:50:09 - Connecting the Situation Unit with the Information and Intelligence (INI) Section
- 01:07:52 - Getting involved with your local or regional incident management team (IMT)
- 01:19:23 - Experience competing in the World Police and Fire games
If you have questions for Rob contact him through the show's email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kevin Pannell, PMP | www.betweentheslides.com | Instagram & Twitter: pannellkg | Facebook: Betweentheslides | Email: email@example.com
*Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this or other topics covered or that you'd like to hear covered on the Between the Slides podcast.
#firedepartment #publicsafety #nurse #careereadvancement #publichealth #incidentmanagement #IMT #WPFG