Episode 78 - The Real Value of Done Things
December 10, 2018
What is The Real Value of working in ‘Done Things?'
- It’s too easy to let ourselves off the hook if we work to vague objectives.
- It’s even easier to let ourselves off the hook if we don’t have measurable targets at the micro level. We can just say ‘workin’ on it'
- When something is Done, it is largely self reporting because it is obvious if something is complete or not. Partial states make it very hard to spot trouble early
- Done things are also ready to use - ready to ship to the customer or another team member.
- In general, done things force a (good) kind of accountability and visibility on a team’s work