Episode 75 - Learning From Conferences
November 19, 2018
Believe it or not, up until 2018, I had no exposure to the conferencing scene whatsoever. So what kept me from participating, and what did I learn once I started?
1. Just because its a conference, doesn't mean it's good.
2. Beware the sales pitch disguised as education.
3. Like any other information, you have to examine the sources.
4. There seems to be a trend toward over-complicating concepts in order to make them presentation-worthy.
5. Some of the best information at a conference happens in the after-discussion