Episode 53 - Asking for Forgiveness Instead of Permission
June 11, 2018
One of the badass leadership principles is Ask for Forgiveness, not for Permission. That scares a lot of people. So how do you really integrate that into your badass life and practice?
- You never want to be reckless or insubordinate, but you definitely want to encourage your teams to own solutions and decisions
- I believe it is as reckless to hold up product with desire for certainty - sign offs, consensus, approvals
- Just make sure you have general vision and direction from leadership/product ownership
- You’ll need to be courageous at first, but it becomes second nature
- You will have to be prepared to protect your team and back up their decisions.