Episode 45 - Badass Leadership - A Life of Distinction
April 16, 2018
As leaders, it is enough to instruct, motivate or even inspire people to meet a list of yearly targets? Or is there a different kind of leader? Someone who breaks through what was previously considered possible?
- I frequently talk about elite leadership; the idea that there is a special kind of leader, called to make a remarkable difference in their teams, organizations and communities
- A life of distinction implies you are constantly looking to break the 4-minute mile; to do the impossible; the things everyone says can’t be done. To change the world forever.
- Strive to raise the bar, to disrupt the status quo.
- Being a leader of distinction requires tremendous strength and the ability to weather the constant fight. Adopt agile mindsets and habits, and apply them to your daily life.
- Similarly, seek to break habits that keep you bound to the status quo. Challenge conventional thinking and routines.
- Teach your teams to examine their habits too, and to break 1 new bad one and integrate one new good one each month.