Episode 37 - Agile Wants To Be Simple
February 20, 2018
- There’s so much focus on frameworks and subtlety of practice
- Frameworks - definitions of roles, processes, interactions, flows, inputs and outputs
- Subtleties - prescriptive techniques and tools
- Frameworks Don’t fix Fear. They attempt to compensate for it, and fail
- Frameworks are expensive. So are elite teams. We shouldn’t try to build them across an entire enterprise and
- Subtlety and Complexity really only feeds the cash register
- I think we should focus on something more organic.
- High-Performance Teams
- Focus on the fundamentals - the Agile Keys. The things that make great work no matter what arena
- Have a Vision
- Do Focused Work
- Keep Promises
- Be Open about where you are
- Always Improve
- Great Leadership, and the Will to Execute, come from the Gut
- Frameworks are more safeguard than meaningful work. If you need safeguards, why not learn and build as you go?
- In 6 months, would you rather roll out a safety framework, or product that works?