Ancient Rome Refocused
ROMANS GO HOME!
The primary discussion is on her paper: PΩΜΑΙΟΚΡΑΤΙΑ ≠ ROMAN OCCUPATION: (MIS)PERCEPTIONS OF THE ROMAN PERIOD IN GREECE. A line from the paper sums up the direction of her research: "…very little has been written about modern perceptions of this period."
This paper is available on Academia.edu.
This is a fun and interesting discussion with an outstanding educator. The podcast includes the following topics:
- What do modern Greeks think of their history after Actium?
- Was it really that bad to live under the Romans?
- As a Greek speaker Ms.Kouremenos provides an Ancient Greek and Modern Greek comparison.
- Did the Europeans demonize the Romans in 18th Century writings?
- Do our modern perspectives color the way we see history itself?